Man charged in Palmer House shooting
February 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An Evanston man is charged in connection with a shooting in the Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
Police say, last month, 22-year-old Brian Martel Miller was asked to leave a party at the historic hotel because he was being too loud. They say he returned with five other men.
The 25-year-old victim says he saw Miller pull out a gun. During a struggle, he was shot and wounded.
Miller is charged with aggravated battery and discharge of a firearm.
Investigators say, at the time of this shooting, Miller was out on bond for another pending weapons case.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap