Man charged in Palmer House shooting
February 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An Evanston man is charged in connection with a shooting in the Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
Police say, last month, 22-year-old Brian Martel Miller was asked to leave a party at the historic hotel because he was being too loud. They say he returned with five other men.
The 25-year-old victim says he saw Miller pull out a gun. During a struggle, he was shot and wounded.
Miller is charged with aggravated battery and discharge of a firearm.
Investigators say, at the time of this shooting, Miller was out on bond for another pending weapons case.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 11 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner 8 min ago
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow 15 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- 7 in 77
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
11 min ago