Man charged in Palmer House shooting
February 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An Evanston man is charged in connection with a shooting in the Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
Police say, last month, 22-year-old Brian Martel Miller was asked to leave a party at the historic hotel because he was being too loud. They say he returned with five other men.
The 25-year-old victim says he saw Miller pull out a gun. During a struggle, he was shot and wounded.
Miller is charged with aggravated battery and discharge of a firearm.
Investigators say, at the time of this shooting, Miller was out on bond for another pending weapons case.
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 24 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ebertfest 2014 underway in Champaign
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game