Schaumburg search ends; Chicago police investigating alleged Gold Coast carjacking, abduction
February 15, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Chicago police are still investigating an alleged carjacking and abduction in the Gold Coast community, but Schaumburg police are no longer involved in the investigation.
A woman in her 20s told police she was abducted near LaSalle and Oak Street in Chicago, locked in the trunk of her car, and driven to Schaumburg. She was able to activate the OnStar alarm system in her car around 4 a.m.
Police found the woman in Schaumburg. The suspect reportedly ran off.
A spokesperson for Schaumburg police says, at the victim's request, they will not pursue the investigation, file charges or continue their search for the suspect.
local, jason knowles
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos