Hadiya Pendleton's mother featured in PSA
February 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The mother of murdered Chicago teenager Hadiya Pendleton is featured in a new public service announcement with a message for Congress.
"Congress is debating how to fix our gun laws," Cleopatra Pendleton said in the PSA. "They can start with background checks for all gun sales. Tell congress to support common sense reforms so no more innocent children are killed."
Hadiya was shot and killed in a South Side park just days after she had performed in the inaugural festivities in Washington.
In the PSA, her mother says it was the happiest day of her daughter's life.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting 48 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
48 min ago