Car crashes into Streamwood home
February 16, 2013 (STREAMWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A car crashed into a house in northwest suburban Streamwood.
The car broke through the outside wall of the house and then fell partially into the home's basement.
The homeowners were home at the time and a painter was working inside as well.
"We thought a bomb went off, me and the homeowner," said Scott Cecille, who was working inside the home at the time of the crash. "All I can say is when something like this happens you want to run. It all happened so fast. (I) ran back to check and see, make sure the driver's ok and that was the most important thing, that everybody's ok."
Police say the driver suffered only minor injuries. Nobody else was injured.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 1 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 8 min ago
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics 18 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos