Man faces DUI charges in fatal North Side pedestrian crash
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors say a man accused of killing one person and injuring two more in a weekend crash had more than twice the legal limit of alcohol in his blood.
Leroy Bobo,42, is charged with reckless homicide, multiple counts of aggravated DUI and other charges.
Police say Bobo was driving in the 3100-block of N. Central when he hit a car and veered into the pedestrians, killing 38-year-old Mario Ortega. He drove another mile before slamming into another car.
Police say, when they arrived, Bobo still had his foot on the gas pedal and was trying to leave the scene.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced 22 min ago
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Five arrested after 'mob' reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Injuries in suburban shootings Friday night
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin