Man faces DUI charges in fatal North Side pedestrian crash
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors say a man accused of killing one person and injuring two more in a weekend crash had more than twice the legal limit of alcohol in his blood.
Leroy Bobo,42, is charged with reckless homicide, multiple counts of aggravated DUI and other charges.
Police say Bobo was driving in the 3100-block of N. Central when he hit a car and veered into the pedestrians, killing 38-year-old Mario Ortega. He drove another mile before slamming into another car.
Police say, when they arrived, Bobo still had his foot on the gas pedal and was trying to leave the scene.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants 14 min ago
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash 12 min ago
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness 38 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident 31 min ago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- Mujeres Latinas en Acción: Voces...
58 min ago
- NU women's basketball team committed to...
38 min ago