Man faces DUI charges in fatal North Side pedestrian crash
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors say a man accused of killing one person and injuring two more in a weekend crash had more than twice the legal limit of alcohol in his blood.
Leroy Bobo,42, is charged with reckless homicide, multiple counts of aggravated DUI and other charges.
Police say Bobo was driving in the 3100-block of N. Central when he hit a car and veered into the pedestrians, killing 38-year-old Mario Ortega. He drove another mile before slamming into another car.
Police say, when they arrived, Bobo still had his foot on the gas pedal and was trying to leave the scene.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 58 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 8 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado 51 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 14 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
8 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
51 min ago