Loyola Chicago considers stun guns for officers
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Loyola University is considering arming its campus officers with stun guns.
The university tells ABC7 the idea is in an "infancy stage" and is being looked at by a campus safety advisory board.
The proposal is to buy as many as 20 stun guns.
The proposal would need to be approved by the school's trustees.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial 36 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space 37 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos