Loyola Chicago considers stun guns for officers
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Loyola University is considering arming its campus officers with stun guns.
The university tells ABC7 the idea is in an "infancy stage" and is being looked at by a campus safety advisory board.
The proposal is to buy as many as 20 stun guns.
The proposal would need to be approved by the school's trustees.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 44 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 49 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake