Teen arrested for bringing handgun to NW Side high school
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a teen was arrested at a Northwest Side high school Monday morning for bringing an unloaded handgun to school.
Chicago police say the 15-year-old boy was being screened and caused a disturbance, and that is when a gun was discovered.
Charges are pending.
Chicago Public Schools issued the following statement Monday: "CPS does not tolerate the presence of any weapon of any kind on school property for the safety and security of our schools, students, staff and visitors. School officials took the appropriate steps and contacted CPD. At no time were any students in jeopardy."
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 9 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 34 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 58 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos