Teen arrested for bringing handgun to NW Side high school
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a teen was arrested at a Northwest Side high school Monday morning for bringing an unloaded handgun to school.
Chicago police say the 15-year-old boy was being screened and caused a disturbance, and that is when a gun was discovered.
Charges are pending.
Chicago Public Schools issued the following statement Monday: "CPS does not tolerate the presence of any weapon of any kind on school property for the safety and security of our schools, students, staff and visitors. School officials took the appropriate steps and contacted CPD. At no time were any students in jeopardy."
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 21 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
39 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
21 min ago