Man charged with trying to run down Chicago cop
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is charged with trying run down a Chicago police officer.
The incident happened just before noon on Saturday near Chicago and Hamlin.
Police say they saw Roosevelt Hartman conducting a drug deal around noon.
When the officers tried to move in they say Hartman jumped in a van and tried to run them down. The officers then shot Hartman. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 55 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 54 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after...
55 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled...
54 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos