CPS holds heated meeting on possible school closings
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A heated meeting wrapped up a short time ago as parents learn more about the possible closings of Chicago public schools.
School leaders met with outraged parents, teachers, and others from the Englewood and Gresham neighborhoods.
Last Wednesday, CPS released a list of 129 schools being considered for closing. It is expected the final closing list will be much smaller.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos