CPS holds heated meeting on possible school closings
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A heated meeting wrapped up a short time ago as parents learn more about the possible closings of Chicago public schools.
School leaders met with outraged parents, teachers, and others from the Englewood and Gresham neighborhoods.
Last Wednesday, CPS released a list of 129 schools being considered for closing. It is expected the final closing list will be much smaller.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 8 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout