CPS holds heated meeting on possible school closings
February 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A heated meeting wrapped up a short time ago as parents learn more about the possible closings of Chicago public schools.
School leaders met with outraged parents, teachers, and others from the Englewood and Gresham neighborhoods.
Last Wednesday, CPS released a list of 129 schools being considered for closing. It is expected the final closing list will be much smaller.
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn 1 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old