Chicago weather: Chicago braces for blustery cold
February 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Strong winds are blowing light snow across the Chicago area Tuesday morning after a drastic drop in temperatures.
On Monday, the high was 52-degrees. On Tuesday, the high was 30, and we hit that overnight. As of 7:30 a.m., it's 16-degrees at O'Hare Airport with a wind chill of 3 below.
"We're basically in the teens the rest of the day and with these winds, continuing at the rate they're going right now, We will probably have wind chills most of the day around zero ," ABC7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler said. "The snow isn't expected to last much past the morning hours, and accumulations will be less than an inch. But the strong winds will stick around."
Come mid- to late- afternoon, the sun should come out.
However, the cold will stick around, and on Wednesday morning, Chicagoans will wake up to temperatures in the single digits.
local, tracy butler
- 2 storms take aim at Chicago area 33 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened 37 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January 29 min ago
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found living in Montana 52 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 4 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 12 min ago
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Fans, former colleagues remember 'Superjock' Larry Lujack 1 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Free gift-wrapping service at O'Hare, Midway 50 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
4 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold...
29 min ago
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' actor Oscar Isaac
1 min ago