CPS public hearing Tuesday night to discuss possible school closings
February 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Another hearing will be held Tuesday night for parents who want to learn more about Chicago Public Schools' list of possible school closings.
Once again, parents were heard at a public hearing Monday night. School officials met with outraged parents, teachers and residents from the Englewood and Gresham neighborhoods.
Last week, the school board released a list of 129 schools that are being considered for closing. It is expected the final closing list will be much smaller.
Tuesday's meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. at St. Anselm Church at 6045 S. Michigan.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation