CPS public hearing Tuesday night to discuss possible school closings
February 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Another hearing will be held Tuesday night for parents who want to learn more about Chicago Public Schools' list of possible school closings.
Once again, parents were heard at a public hearing Monday night. School officials met with outraged parents, teachers and residents from the Englewood and Gresham neighborhoods.
Last week, the school board released a list of 129 schools that are being considered for closing. It is expected the final closing list will be much smaller.
Tuesday's meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. at St. Anselm Church at 6045 S. Michigan.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 21 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 27 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business 19 min ago
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night 16 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
21 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
27 min ago
- Aperitifs, digestifs enhance meals at Sable
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos