Chicago Marathon registration suspended due to website issue
February 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Website problems forced organizers to suspend online registration for the Chicago Marathon.
Registration for October's Bank of America Chicago Marathon began Tuesday at noon. But when people went to chicagomarathon.com to register online in the first couple of hours they were unable to get through.
Later in the day, those attempting to register were met with a message, telling them the site was temporarily unavailable.
The message said registration has been suspended for two days. It also said the event is not sold out:
"We are incredibly sorry that runners interested in signing up for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon experienced such difficulties today. We have been working nonstop with our registration provider to find the root of the problem and a solution. Many runners were able to sign up before the registration process was suspended. There are currently 15,000 entries remaining. Before we re-open registration, we need to make sure all technical issues are permanently resolved. We will provide ample notice regarding when the registration process will re-open.
"For those who were able to successfully complete the registration process, you can confirm your registration by going to www.chicagomarathon.com/confirmation. For those that were charged more than once, our registration provider Active.com is in the process of refunding any duplicate charges and will notify these participants.
"We do not plan on reopening registration within the next two days. We will provide another update on registration by 5 p.m. Central Standard Time on Thursday."
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 22 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond 9 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M 18 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
22 min ago