Chicago Marathon registration suspended due to website issue
February 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Website problems forced organizers to suspend online registration for the Chicago Marathon.
Registration for October's Bank of America Chicago Marathon began Tuesday at noon. But when people went to chicagomarathon.com to register online in the first couple of hours they were unable to get through.
Later in the day, those attempting to register were met with a message, telling them the site was temporarily unavailable.
The message said registration has been suspended for two days. It also said the event is not sold out:
"We are incredibly sorry that runners interested in signing up for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon experienced such difficulties today. We have been working nonstop with our registration provider to find the root of the problem and a solution. Many runners were able to sign up before the registration process was suspended. There are currently 15,000 entries remaining. Before we re-open registration, we need to make sure all technical issues are permanently resolved. We will provide ample notice regarding when the registration process will re-open.
"For those who were able to successfully complete the registration process, you can confirm your registration by going to www.chicagomarathon.com/confirmation. For those that were charged more than once, our registration provider Active.com is in the process of refunding any duplicate charges and will notify these participants.
"We do not plan on reopening registration within the next two days. We will provide another update on registration by 5 p.m. Central Standard Time on Thursday."
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 59 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 2 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 26 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 29 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
41 min ago