Chicago Marathon registration suspended due to website issue
February 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Website problems forced organizers to suspend online registration for the Chicago Marathon.
Registration for October's Bank of America Chicago Marathon began Tuesday at noon. But when people went to chicagomarathon.com to register online in the first couple of hours they were unable to get through.
Later in the day, those attempting to register were met with a message, telling them the site was temporarily unavailable.
The message said registration has been suspended for two days. It also said the event is not sold out:
"We are incredibly sorry that runners interested in signing up for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon experienced such difficulties today. We have been working nonstop with our registration provider to find the root of the problem and a solution. Many runners were able to sign up before the registration process was suspended. There are currently 15,000 entries remaining. Before we re-open registration, we need to make sure all technical issues are permanently resolved. We will provide ample notice regarding when the registration process will re-open.
"For those who were able to successfully complete the registration process, you can confirm your registration by going to www.chicagomarathon.com/confirmation. For those that were charged more than once, our registration provider Active.com is in the process of refunding any duplicate charges and will notify these participants.
"We do not plan on reopening registration within the next two days. We will provide another update on registration by 5 p.m. Central Standard Time on Thursday."
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 5 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 23 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 55 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
23 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
55 min ago