ABC7 Exclusive: Cardinal George cancer-free
February 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 has learned Francis Cardinal George is now cancer-free.
He said the latest medical tests show his body is free of cancer cells.
ABC-7's Alan Krashesky got the news from the cardinal when he caught up with the cardinal Wednesday night at DePaul University, where he took part in a lecture series.
The cardinal completed chemotherapy just last month, his second battle against cancer.
This news comes just days before he heads off to Rome to take part in the conclave to elect at new pope.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos