ABC7 Exclusive: Cardinal George cancer-free
February 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 has learned Francis Cardinal George is now cancer-free.
He said the latest medical tests show his body is free of cancer cells.
ABC-7's Alan Krashesky got the news from the cardinal when he caught up with the cardinal Wednesday night at DePaul University, where he took part in a lecture series.
The cardinal completed chemotherapy just last month, his second battle against cancer.
This news comes just days before he heads off to Rome to take part in the conclave to elect at new pope.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Milwaukee District West Metra trains moving, but delayed
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus 27 min ago
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget 31 min ago
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit