ABC7 Exclusive: Cardinal George cancer-free
February 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 has learned Francis Cardinal George is now cancer-free.
He said the latest medical tests show his body is free of cancer cells.
ABC-7's Alan Krashesky got the news from the cardinal when he caught up with the cardinal Wednesday night at DePaul University, where he took part in a lecture series.
The cardinal completed chemotherapy just last month, his second battle against cancer.
This news comes just days before he heads off to Rome to take part in the conclave to elect at new pope.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos