Burned Lyric stilt walker to return to opera as understudy
February 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wesley Daniel, the actor who was badly burned at the Lyric Opera, will be returning to work.
The Lyric announced Friday that he will serve as an understudy for a stilt walker during a performance of Wagner's "Die Meistersinger."
Daniel burned himself performing a fire-breathing stunt earlier this month.The actor says he is grateful for all the well-wishes he has received during his recovery.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 50 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 36 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 27 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77