Burned Lyric stilt walker to return to opera as understudy
February 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wesley Daniel, the actor who was badly burned at the Lyric Opera, will be returning to work.
The Lyric announced Friday that he will serve as an understudy for a stilt walker during a performance of Wagner's "Die Meistersinger."
Daniel burned himself performing a fire-breathing stunt earlier this month.The actor says he is grateful for all the well-wishes he has received during his recovery.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 52 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back 2 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos