Burned Lyric stilt walker to return to opera as understudy
February 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wesley Daniel, the actor who was badly burned at the Lyric Opera, will be returning to work.
The Lyric announced Friday that he will serve as an understudy for a stilt walker during a performance of Wagner's "Die Meistersinger."
Daniel burned himself performing a fire-breathing stunt earlier this month.The actor says he is grateful for all the well-wishes he has received during his recovery.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos