Protesters demand U of C opens trauma center
February 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protesters delivered petitions to the president of the University of Chicago Hospital Saturday demanding they open a trauma center.
The demonstrators gathered at 60th and Cottage Grove for a march before making their way to the university president's home at 58th and University, where they stood outside and protested.
The group is calling for the University of Chicago to drop charges against a group of protesters who were arrested last month for protesting the new hospital.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 1 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash 6 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 24 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
1 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
46 min ago