Auction of Crundwell jewelry raises about $258,000
February 23, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- An auction of jewelry that belonged to imprisoned former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell has raised about $258,000.
Other items on the auction block included watches, necklaces, loose diamonds and gold bar bullion.
Crundwell was sentenced earlier this month to nearly 20 years in prison after she admitted to stealing more than $53 million from the northern Illinois city.
Authorities have been auctioning off her belongings to raise money for restitution.
Prosecutors say they only expect the city to recover about $10.5 million.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 3 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 47 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore 2 min ago
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later 1 min ago
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd 31 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
3 min ago