Auction of Crundwell jewelry raises about $258,000
February 23, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- An auction of jewelry that belonged to imprisoned former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell has raised about $258,000.
Other items on the auction block included watches, necklaces, loose diamonds and gold bar bullion.
Crundwell was sentenced earlier this month to nearly 20 years in prison after she admitted to stealing more than $53 million from the northern Illinois city.
Authorities have been auctioning off her belongings to raise money for restitution.
Prosecutors say they only expect the city to recover about $10.5 million.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 18 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt 50 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- 2 kids who died with dad in I-65 crash ID'd 34 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says 12 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos