Eisenhower crash kills woman, 3 others injured
February 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman was killed in crash on the inbound Eisenhower Expressway near Kostner Sunday.
The crash happened at approximately 6 a.m., shutting down the expressway for several hours and causing major traffic delays. All lanes were reopened by noon.
Police say a 29-year-old woman was dead at the scene. Her identity has not yet been released pending family notification.
Three others were taken to Chicago-area hospitals in critical condition.
Illinois state police say at least two -- possibly four-- cars were involved. Chicago Fire Department officials confirmed one woman was dead.
During the expressway closure, traffic in the inbound lanes was being diverted onto Cicero Avenue.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
local, diane pathieu
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 55 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 35 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77