Eisenhower crash kills woman, 3 others injured
February 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman was killed in crash on the inbound Eisenhower Expressway near Kostner Sunday.
The crash happened at approximately 6 a.m., shutting down the expressway for several hours and causing major traffic delays. All lanes were reopened by noon.
Police say a 29-year-old woman was dead at the scene. Her identity has not yet been released pending family notification.
Three others were taken to Chicago-area hospitals in critical condition.
Illinois state police say at least two -- possibly four-- cars were involved. Chicago Fire Department officials confirmed one woman was dead.
During the expressway closure, traffic in the inbound lanes was being diverted onto Cicero Avenue.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
local, diane pathieu
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 22 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 50 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 15 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
50 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
15 min ago