Eisenhower crash kills woman, 3 others injured
February 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman was killed in crash on the inbound Eisenhower Expressway near Kostner Sunday.
The crash happened at approximately 6 a.m., shutting down the expressway for several hours and causing major traffic delays. All lanes were reopened by noon.
Police say a 29-year-old woman was dead at the scene. Her identity has not yet been released pending family notification.
Three others were taken to Chicago-area hospitals in critical condition.
Illinois state police say at least two -- possibly four-- cars were involved. Chicago Fire Department officials confirmed one woman was dead.
During the expressway closure, traffic in the inbound lanes was being diverted onto Cicero Avenue.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
local, diane pathieu
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 28 min ago
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway due to weather 12 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood 37 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures? 35 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 14 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security 27 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school...
35 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
28 min ago
- Kellie Pickler, Derek Hough win 'DWTS;'...
34 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos