Turkey slams into bus carrying Chicago fellowship group
February 25, 2013 (WORTHINGTON, Pa.) (WLS) -- A wayward turkey slammed into the windshield of a bus carrying a group returning to Chicago over the weekend.
About 45 members of the University Bible Fellowship were on board when the crash happened Saturday afternoon on a road about 35 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Tour bus driver Joseph Rychecky was slightly hurt by flying glass.
"One turkey came up out of nowhere," said Rychecky. "I started getting on the brake because I know when there is one, there's another one. The other one came up...My thought there was not to go through the guardrail, but to hit the animal, and he hit my windshield."
None of the passengers on the bus were hurt. They all praised the driver for safely stopping the bus.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 33 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting 19 min ago
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 13 min ago
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 56 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
33 min ago