Hundreds of stolen items recovered, sheriff tracking down owners
February 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of items suspected of being stolen were put on display Wednesday by the Cook County Sheriff's Department.
The goods were recovered by the sheriff's department in 2012 during an investigation into thefts in the area.
Cook County police were looking for a golf putter and found 250 items in a suspect's vehicle: golf bags, golf clubs, Harley Davidson helmets, cigars and more. Now the sheriff is tracking down the items' owners.
local, leah hope
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 50 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 55 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 22 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake