Hundreds of stolen items recovered, sheriff tracking down owners
February 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of items suspected of being stolen were put on display Wednesday by the Cook County Sheriff's Department.
The goods were recovered by the sheriff's department in 2012 during an investigation into thefts in the area.
Cook County police were looking for a golf putter and found 250 items in a suspect's vehicle: golf bags, golf clubs, Harley Davidson helmets, cigars and more. Now the sheriff is tracking down the items' owners.
local, leah hope
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Video: Lyons Township celebrates another gymnastics title
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds