Time to rescan! ABC7 improves over-the-air signal
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rescan to ensure you have the best signal!
On March 18, 2013, ABC7 made improvements to its over-the-air broadcast signal. Viewers who have a TV or DTV converter box that receives ABC7 over-the-air may need to rescan their set NOW. To rescan your receiver, simply follow the instructions below.
Here are the steps to rescan your DTV receiver:
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or a re-scan of channels (**NOTE: this process is usually accessed from the "MENU" or "SETUP" button on your remote control).
If you still CAN NOT receive ABC7 follow these steps to DOUBLE scan your DTV receiver:
- Unplug the antenna from your digital television or DTV converter box.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or a re-scan of channels (System should find zero channels).
- Unplug the power from the digital TV or DTV converter box for at least one minute.
- Plug the digital TV or DTV converter box back into the wall.
- Re-attach the antenna to the digital TV or DTV converter box.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or re-scan of channels.
- DTV Manuals: Check here for many popular DTV converter operations manuals
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos