Time to rescan! ABC7 improves over-the-air signal
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rescan to ensure you have the best signal!
On March 18, 2013, ABC7 made improvements to its over-the-air broadcast signal. Viewers who have a TV or DTV converter box that receives ABC7 over-the-air may need to rescan their set NOW. To rescan your receiver, simply follow the instructions below.
Here are the steps to rescan your DTV receiver:
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or a re-scan of channels (**NOTE: this process is usually accessed from the "MENU" or "SETUP" button on your remote control).
If you still CAN NOT receive ABC7 follow these steps to DOUBLE scan your DTV receiver:
- Unplug the antenna from your digital television or DTV converter box.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or a re-scan of channels (System should find zero channels).
- Unplug the power from the digital TV or DTV converter box for at least one minute.
- Plug the digital TV or DTV converter box back into the wall.
- Re-attach the antenna to the digital TV or DTV converter box.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or re-scan of channels.
- DTV Manuals: Check here for many popular DTV converter operations manuals
- Spring-like day followed by snow 26 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 32 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute