Six Chicago charter schools on warning list for poor performance
Six charter schools in Chicago have been placed on a warning list because they are performing poorly, according to CPS CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett.
The schools include: , CICS-Basil, Galapagos Charter Campus, Ace Tech Charter High School, Aspira Charter High School Early College, Catalyst Charter-Howland and North Lawndale Charter High School-Collins.
If any of these schools do not demonstrate improvement by September 2013 when the data reporting for the school years is completed, that school will be required to develop and execute a remediation plan," Byrd-Bennett said.
A group opposed to possible school closings on Chicago's West Side held a rally before Wednesday's board meeting.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos