Six Chicago charter schools on warning list for poor performance
Six charter schools in Chicago have been placed on a warning list because they are performing poorly, according to CPS CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett.
The schools include: , CICS-Basil, Galapagos Charter Campus, Ace Tech Charter High School, Aspira Charter High School Early College, Catalyst Charter-Howland and North Lawndale Charter High School-Collins.
If any of these schools do not demonstrate improvement by September 2013 when the data reporting for the school years is completed, that school will be required to develop and execute a remediation plan," Byrd-Bennett said.
A group opposed to possible school closings on Chicago's West Side held a rally before Wednesday's board meeting.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos