Anti-violence march on Southwest Side
March 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Those killed by violence were remembered Saturday during a march on Chicago's Southwest Side.
It was organized by the group Ceasefire. The staff coordinated the event with the family of Michael Kozel who was killed in January during a robbery at his muffler shop in the Gage Park neighborhood.
His was one of 43 homicides that month.
Chicago police announced Friday that there were 14 homicides in February, the fewest of any month since 1957.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 16 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 32 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77