Anti-violence march on Southwest Side
March 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Those killed by violence were remembered Saturday during a march on Chicago's Southwest Side.
It was organized by the group Ceasefire. The staff coordinated the event with the family of Michael Kozel who was killed in January during a robbery at his muffler shop in the Gage Park neighborhood.
His was one of 43 homicides that month.
Chicago police announced Friday that there were 14 homicides in February, the fewest of any month since 1957.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 8 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
50 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
54 min ago