Roselle crash kills motorcyclist, driver
March 3, 2013 (ROSELLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- An investigation was under way Sunday into a deadly crash that killed two people in northwest suburban Roselle.
A 19-year-old motorcycle rider hit a car as the car turned left onto Lake Street near Wheaton Road at approximately 7:30 p.m. Saturday. The motorcycle slammed into the driver's side.
The person on the motorcycle and the 35-year-old driver of the car were killed.
A 13-year-old passenger in the car, who is thought to have been the driver's son, survived with injuries that were not life-threatening.
Police are investigating witness reports that the motorcycle rider was speeding. Toxicology tests are underway to determine if alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 44 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 50 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute