Cafe La Cave roof collapses in Des Plaines
March 6, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Tuesday's winter storm has moved on, but the heavy snow caused the roof on a northwest suburban business to collapse.
- ABC7 Weather Home
- School Closings
- Street-Level Interactive Radar
- Severe Weather: Watches, Warnings
- ABC7's Flight Tracker
Owner Kim Sutter says the repairs may take several months. But the danger and the mess is isolated to only one small room.
"We did not have a function going on. This can be replaced, people cannot. We are very fortunate in that respect," Sutter said.
That means the restaurant and large banquet room could be open as early as Wednesday night or this weekend, keeping wedding parties and other people with reservations on schedule. The business was built 22 years ago."We are still trying to find out the cause. The last two snows, last week was very heavy and wet," Sutter sad.
Structural engineers are studying the damage to determine exactly what happened. Repair crews are already there.
local, jason knowles
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 13 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 51 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online 20 min ago
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say 34 min ago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 53 min ago
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 4 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 15 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD