Cafe La Cave roof collapses in Des Plaines
March 6, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Tuesday's winter storm has moved on, but the heavy snow caused the roof on a northwest suburban business to collapse.
- ABC7 Weather Home
- School Closings
- Street-Level Interactive Radar
- Severe Weather: Watches, Warnings
- ABC7's Flight Tracker
Owner Kim Sutter says the repairs may take several months. But the danger and the mess is isolated to only one small room.
"We did not have a function going on. This can be replaced, people cannot. We are very fortunate in that respect," Sutter said.
That means the restaurant and large banquet room could be open as early as Wednesday night or this weekend, keeping wedding parties and other people with reservations on schedule. The business was built 22 years ago."We are still trying to find out the cause. The last two snows, last week was very heavy and wet," Sutter sad.
Structural engineers are studying the damage to determine exactly what happened. Repair crews are already there.
local, jason knowles
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case 49 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits 52 min ago
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend 30 min ago
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea 45 min ago
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77