Cafe La Cave roof collapses in Des Plaines
March 6, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Tuesday's winter storm has moved on, but the heavy snow caused the roof on a northwest suburban business to collapse.
- ABC7 Weather Home
- School Closings
- Street-Level Interactive Radar
- Severe Weather: Watches, Warnings
- ABC7's Flight Tracker
Owner Kim Sutter says the repairs may take several months. But the danger and the mess is isolated to only one small room.
"We did not have a function going on. This can be replaced, people cannot. We are very fortunate in that respect," Sutter said.
That means the restaurant and large banquet room could be open as early as Wednesday night or this weekend, keeping wedding parties and other people with reservations on schedule. The business was built 22 years ago."We are still trying to find out the cause. The last two snows, last week was very heavy and wet," Sutter sad.
Structural engineers are studying the damage to determine exactly what happened. Repair crews are already there.
local, jason knowles
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
55 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos