Astronaut tweets Chicago photo from space
March 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Canadian astronaut, Commander Chris Hadfield, has tweeted an incredible photo of Chicago as seen from the International Space Station.
On a clear winter's day you can see ice on the shore and a busy O'Hare Airport all visible from orbit.
Hadfield is currently on a five-month mission aboard the space station. He has been aboard the space station since December.
Each day, Commander Hadfield tweets new images of the earth, its cities and natural phenomenon as he circles the globe at a speed of 17,000 mph.
You can follow Hadfield on Twitter. His handle is @Cmdr_Hadfield.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 17 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 47 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
15 min ago
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
17 min ago