Astronaut tweets Chicago photo from space
March 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Canadian astronaut, Commander Chris Hadfield, has tweeted an incredible photo of Chicago as seen from the International Space Station.
On a clear winter's day you can see ice on the shore and a busy O'Hare Airport all visible from orbit.
Hadfield is currently on a five-month mission aboard the space station. He has been aboard the space station since December.
Each day, Commander Hadfield tweets new images of the earth, its cities and natural phenomenon as he circles the globe at a speed of 17,000 mph.
You can follow Hadfield on Twitter. His handle is @Cmdr_Hadfield.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 38 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River 4 min ago
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 44 min ago
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home