Astronaut tweets Chicago photo from space
March 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Canadian astronaut, Commander Chris Hadfield, has tweeted an incredible photo of Chicago as seen from the International Space Station.
On a clear winter's day you can see ice on the shore and a busy O'Hare Airport all visible from orbit.
Hadfield is currently on a five-month mission aboard the space station. He has been aboard the space station since December.
Each day, Commander Hadfield tweets new images of the earth, its cities and natural phenomenon as he circles the globe at a speed of 17,000 mph.
You can follow Hadfield on Twitter. His handle is @Cmdr_Hadfield.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 50 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77