Astronaut tweets Chicago photo from space
March 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Canadian astronaut, Commander Chris Hadfield, has tweeted an incredible photo of Chicago as seen from the International Space Station.
On a clear winter's day you can see ice on the shore and a busy O'Hare Airport all visible from orbit.
Hadfield is currently on a five-month mission aboard the space station. He has been aboard the space station since December.
Each day, Commander Hadfield tweets new images of the earth, its cities and natural phenomenon as he circles the globe at a speed of 17,000 mph.
You can follow Hadfield on Twitter. His handle is @Cmdr_Hadfield.
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep freeze 38 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 47 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 48 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep...
38 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases...
48 min ago