Cafe La Cave reopens following roof collapse
March 8, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- Cafe La Cave Banquet Hall and Restaurant in Des Plaines is back open Friday after part of its roof collapsed in the snow storm earlier this week.
Fire officials think a build-up of snow on the flat roof caused the roof to cave in on the south end of the building destroying the hall's Baby Grant Ballroom, sprinkler system and pipes.
Crews began demolishing the south end of the building Friday morning.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody...
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Easter traditions explained 29 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
27 min ago