Man charged with attempted murder of mother
March 8, 2013 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban man has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly beating and stabbing his mother and leaving her in a ditch.
Cook County Sheriff's police say 22-year-old Blake Springsteen attacked his 46-year-old mother inside her home in unincorporated Homewood, and then tied her up, put her in the trunk of a car and drove her to Crete, where he stabbed her several times before leaving her in a ditch.
She survived the attack and was recovering in the hospital.
Springsteen was arrested Thursday.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side 6 min ago
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos