Man charged with attempted murder of mother
March 8, 2013 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban man has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly beating and stabbing his mother and leaving her in a ditch.
Cook County Sheriff's police say 22-year-old Blake Springsteen attacked his 46-year-old mother inside her home in unincorporated Homewood, and then tied her up, put her in the trunk of a car and drove her to Crete, where he stabbed her several times before leaving her in a ditch.
She survived the attack and was recovering in the hospital.
Springsteen was arrested Thursday.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight' 41 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 57 min ago
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election 39 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday 22 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
41 min ago
- Let's Dish: Guinness Steak
18 min ago
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before...
39 min ago