South Shore shooting leaves teen victim in critical condition
March 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 17-year-old boy is in critical condition after a shooting in Chicago's South Shore community.
It happened near 79th and Jeffery.
Chicago police are investigating. They have not said if there are any suspects or a motive in the case.
Police officials tell ABC7 the teen was shot in the head and transported to Northwestern.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 4 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Winter weather advisories issued as snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
4 min ago