Pace buses to increase Stevenson trips
March 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More Paces buses will soon be riding on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway.
The number of inbound and outbound trips will increase to 32 a day, starting in May.
Pace says the trips will take place on two routes between the far southwest suburbs, the Near West Side and downtown Chicago.
Buses are allowed to use the shoulder when traffic is traveling less than 35 miles per hour.
When traffic is flowing, the buses use the regular lanes of the Stevenson.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 51 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 33 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
51 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos