Pace buses to increase Stevenson trips
March 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More Paces buses will soon be riding on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway.
The number of inbound and outbound trips will increase to 32 a day, starting in May.
Pace says the trips will take place on two routes between the far southwest suburbs, the Near West Side and downtown Chicago.
Buses are allowed to use the shoulder when traffic is traveling less than 35 miles per hour.
When traffic is flowing, the buses use the regular lanes of the Stevenson.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games 57 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 17 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado 33 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 27 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 18 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home