Pace buses to increase Stevenson trips
March 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More Paces buses will soon be riding on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway.
The number of inbound and outbound trips will increase to 32 a day, starting in May.
Pace says the trips will take place on two routes between the far southwest suburbs, the Near West Side and downtown Chicago.
Buses are allowed to use the shoulder when traffic is traveling less than 35 miles per hour.
When traffic is flowing, the buses use the regular lanes of the Stevenson.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 3 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 58 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 4 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 37 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos