Coroner looks to ID cremated remains
March 8, 2013 (WLS) -- The Kane County coroner is trying to find loved ones to claim 47 cremated remains, some dating back decades.
Rob Russell's office knows the identities of the people who were cremated.
The oldest remains date back to 1952.
Russell says one set of the remains, in a flour tin, had been donated to a Goodwill store in South Elgin.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 7 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 49 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 55 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 42 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
7 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
49 min ago