Mother, son running for Dixmoor mayor
March 8, 2013 (DIXMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two candidates for mayor of south suburban Dixmoor are living together during the campaign, because they're mother and son.
Wendy Casey is a community activist. Her son Randall is technician for a cable company. Both are vying for a new job as mayor.
Randall isn't talking much about this unusual situation. But his mother says they're both very strong minded.
"It's been very contentious," Wendy Casey said. "We don't speak about the election, we do not speak about politics and it's just hi and bye."
The Caseys face not only each other in the race for mayor. There are two other candidates on the ballot for next month's election.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 26 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 32 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
32 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
26 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
27 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos