SUV crash pushes car onto I-57; driver killed
March 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A search was under way Saturday for the driver of an SUV who slammed into a car on the Far South Side then took off. The crash killed the 31-year-old driver of the car, a Dodge Stratus.
The victim -- identified as Corey Owens-- was going north on Racine near 100th Street at approximately 1 a.m. when, police say, a Range Rover pulled along side the car and ran it off the road.
The crash sent the car down an embankment and onto Interstate 57, where Owens was thrown from the car and died.
According to authorities, the driver of the SUV fled the scene on foot and left the vehicle at the crash site.
Police said they did not know immediately how many people were in the vehicles or if the two drivers knew each other.
local, diane pathieu
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher reported missing 31 min ago
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 7 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos