SUV crash pushes car onto I-57; driver killed
March 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A search was under way Saturday for the driver of an SUV who slammed into a car on the Far South Side then took off. The crash killed the 31-year-old driver of the car, a Dodge Stratus.
The victim -- identified as Corey Owens-- was going north on Racine near 100th Street at approximately 1 a.m. when, police say, a Range Rover pulled along side the car and ran it off the road.
The crash sent the car down an embankment and onto Interstate 57, where Owens was thrown from the car and died.
According to authorities, the driver of the SUV fled the scene on foot and left the vehicle at the crash site.
Police said they did not know immediately how many people were in the vehicles or if the two drivers knew each other.
local, diane pathieu
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 43 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 4 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
43 min ago