SUV crash pushes car onto I-57; driver killed
March 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A search was under way Saturday for the driver of an SUV who slammed into a car on the Far South Side then took off. The crash killed the 31-year-old driver of the car, a Dodge Stratus.
The victim -- identified as Corey Owens-- was going north on Racine near 100th Street at approximately 1 a.m. when, police say, a Range Rover pulled along side the car and ran it off the road.
The crash sent the car down an embankment and onto Interstate 57, where Owens was thrown from the car and died.
According to authorities, the driver of the SUV fled the scene on foot and left the vehicle at the crash site.
Police said they did not know immediately how many people were in the vehicles or if the two drivers knew each other.
local, diane pathieu
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 7 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 53 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 45 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
7 min ago
- Amer Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos