Austin group aims to help youth, prevent violence
March 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The leaders of 10 West Side churches joined together Saturday to address violence in the city of Chicago.
The group was set to launch a new mentoring program called Austin Dreammakers, which aims to offer conflict resolution, leadership training, academic support, career development and financial literacy for youth.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police chase in Lincoln Park may have hurt officer 10 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
40 min ago