Car veers off road, ends up in retention pond near I-88
March 9, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A car landed upside down in a retention pond near the Reagan Memorial Tollway in west suburban Aurora Saturday evening.
Four people were in the submerged car, according to officials. Searchers are searching for at least one victim even though the car has been taken out of the water. Three people were rescued or got out of the water and taken to local hospitals for treatment.
The car went off the road and into the pond around 7:30 p.m., authorities said.
local, michelle gallardo
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 56 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 47 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD