Car veers off road, ends up in retention pond near I-88
March 9, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A car landed upside down in a retention pond near the Reagan Memorial Tollway in west suburban Aurora Saturday evening.
Four people were in the submerged car, according to officials. Searchers are searching for at least one victim even though the car has been taken out of the water. Three people were rescued or got out of the water and taken to local hospitals for treatment.
The car went off the road and into the pond around 7:30 p.m., authorities said.
local, michelle gallardo
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
6 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos