Car veers off road, ends up in retention pond near I-88
March 9, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A car landed upside down in a retention pond near the Reagan Memorial Tollway in west suburban Aurora Saturday evening.
Four people were in the submerged car, according to officials. Searchers are searching for at least one victim even though the car has been taken out of the water. Three people were rescued or got out of the water and taken to local hospitals for treatment.
The car went off the road and into the pond around 7:30 p.m., authorities said.
local, michelle gallardo
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 18 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Decorating Pies
39 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos