Body pulled from Aurora pond near I-88 after car goes off exit ramp
March 10, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Divers in west suburban Aurora have recovered the body of one person from a pond after a car landed in the water over the weekend.
Twenty-year-old Emory Diaz Sepulveda of Aurora was pronounced dead at the scene early Sunday morning.
Police say the car veered off an I-88 Tollway exit ramp Saturday night, flipped over, and landed in the retention pond.
Four people were in the car. Three of them, including two juveniles, were rescued and hospitalized.
There also was no word Sunday on what caused the crash.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains