Protest against charter school expansion draws hundreds of parents
March 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of parents gathered on the city's North Side to protest against the expansion of charter schools over the weekend.
Neighborhood schools are facing closure because of competition from charter schools, which often receive funding based on test scores.
Parents marched from the Willye White Field House in Rogers Park to Alderman Joe Moore's house, Hoping to get questions answered about charter school expansion in their ward, the 49th Ward.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 34 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 5 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 25 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
34 min ago