Chicago weather: Flooding in homes and on roads in McHenry County
March 11, 2013 (McHENRY COUNTY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Rain and melting snow were causing flooding in some of Chicago's northwest suburbs Monday.
The high water is making it difficult to get around in McHenry County. Harmony Road south of Marengo was closed early Monday.
Some homes also had flooded.
"We got caught with the ice and snow outside and a couple culverts got plugged out by the road, and we just had a river flow through the property. And it got higher than the window wells and started pouring in the basement," homeowner Randy Illg said.
McHenry officials said there had not been any evacuations due to the flooding.
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1 6 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos