Chicago weather: Flooding in homes and on roads in McHenry County
March 11, 2013 (McHENRY COUNTY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Rain and melting snow were causing flooding in some of Chicago's northwest suburbs Monday.
The high water is making it difficult to get around in McHenry County. Harmony Road south of Marengo was closed early Monday.
Some homes also had flooded.
"We got caught with the ice and snow outside and a couple culverts got plugged out by the road, and we just had a river flow through the property. And it got higher than the window wells and started pouring in the basement," homeowner Randy Illg said.
McHenry officials said there had not been any evacuations due to the flooding.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 12 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 42 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
10 min ago
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
12 min ago