Durbin to introduce bill to improve care for wounded veterans
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin will introduce two bills that he says will improve care for the nation's wounded service members and veterans.
The senator was at the rehabilitation institute of Chicago where the latest technology in orthotics and prosthetics was shown off Monday.
The bills would build on the work being done at RIC and at Northwestern University.
The senator says the nation's wounded warriors have sacrificed enough and should expect the highest standard of care.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 53 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- SB Lake Shore Drive reopens after standoff
55 min ago