Durbin to introduce bill to improve care for wounded veterans
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin will introduce two bills that he says will improve care for the nation's wounded service members and veterans.
The senator was at the rehabilitation institute of Chicago where the latest technology in orthotics and prosthetics was shown off Monday.
The bills would build on the work being done at RIC and at Northwestern University.
The senator says the nation's wounded warriors have sacrificed enough and should expect the highest standard of care.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement 33 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday 55 min ago
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS 44 min ago
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos