Durbin to introduce bill to improve care for wounded veterans
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin will introduce two bills that he says will improve care for the nation's wounded service members and veterans.
The senator was at the rehabilitation institute of Chicago where the latest technology in orthotics and prosthetics was shown off Monday.
The bills would build on the work being done at RIC and at Northwestern University.
The senator says the nation's wounded warriors have sacrificed enough and should expect the highest standard of care.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 18 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife 9 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos