Hadiya Pendleton 911 calls released
March 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some of the 911 calls made the day Chicago teenager Hadiya Pendleton was shot to death at a South Side park have been released.
The 15-year old was killed in January about a week after performing at the inaugural activities in Washington. She was a student at King College Prep and was at the park with friends.
Her death put Chicago violence in the national spotlight.
911 Caller: I just heard shots fired 44th, Oakenwald. Male black in a blue jacket about 5'8" in a white Nissan. He's a passenger, he had a blue jacket. He was just shooting in the alley over here at 44th & Oakenwald.
Two suspects, Michael Ward and Kenneth Williams, have been charged in her death. Prosecutors say she was not the intended target.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 29 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months 56 min ago
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home 49 min ago
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case 25 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
31 min ago
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
29 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
33 min ago