Hadiya Pendleton 911 calls released
March 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some of the 911 calls made the day Chicago teenager Hadiya Pendleton was shot to death at a South Side park have been released.
The 15-year old was killed in January about a week after performing at the inaugural activities in Washington. She was a student at King College Prep and was at the park with friends.
Her death put Chicago violence in the national spotlight.
911 Caller: I just heard shots fired 44th, Oakenwald. Male black in a blue jacket about 5'8" in a white Nissan. He's a passenger, he had a blue jacket. He was just shooting in the alley over here at 44th & Oakenwald.
Two suspects, Michael Ward and Kenneth Williams, have been charged in her death. Prosecutors say she was not the intended target.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 33 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 4 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 24 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
33 min ago