Coal City fire destroys warehouse
March 14, 2013 (COAL CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- It took firefighters about 5 hours to bring the flames under control Thursday morning as a massive fire destroyed a warehouse in Coal City, about 55 miles southwest of Chicago.The fire, at 236 Oak Street, was first reported around 2 a.m.
Firefighters remained on the scene overnight as flames continued to flare up, spraying the engulfed building with hoses. The fire was struck around 7:30 a.m.
No injuries are reported.
The Coal City Department has not said what sparked the blaze.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car 44 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos