Coal City fire destroys warehouse
March 14, 2013 (COAL CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- It took firefighters about 5 hours to bring the flames under control Thursday morning as a massive fire destroyed a warehouse in Coal City, about 55 miles southwest of Chicago.The fire, at 236 Oak Street, was first reported around 2 a.m.
Firefighters remained on the scene overnight as flames continued to flare up, spraying the engulfed building with hoses. The fire was struck around 7:30 a.m.
No injuries are reported.
The Coal City Department has not said what sparked the blaze.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 57 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 12 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation