Ditka endorses McMichael for Romeoville mayor
March 15, 2013 (ROMEOVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Former Bears coach Mike Ditka makes an endorsement in a suburban mayor's race, backing his former player Steve McMichael.
"I think this man will honestly make a conscientious effort to serve the people who put him in office," Ditka said. The two teamed up for a fundraiser Friday night at Harry Carray's.
McMichael was a member of the 1985 Super Bowl Champion Bears.
McMichael is running against incumbent John Noak, who says the endorsement from Ditka is "no surprise."
The election is April 9.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way 10 min ago
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 11 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Office Depot move disappoints IL lawmakers 57 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man charged with pouring boiling water on teen
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85
- CTA trains to be cleaned less often, union says 36 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- School, Emergency Closings
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela
11 min ago
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
10 min ago