Surveillance photos released in Streamwood murder
March 16, 2013 (STREAMWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of a suspect in the stabbing death of Streamwood gas station clerk.
Anandkumar Jaiswal, 24, of Streamwood, was attacked at Thornton's Gas Station, located at 2 N. Barrington Road. He was stabbed multiple times.
Police say robbery appears to be the motive; the offender was observed on video removing currency from the cash register.
"Please help us out and... try to find out who was the criminal," Ashwin Jaiswal, victim's uncle, said.
Police have released surveillance photos of the suspect, who is believed to be a white male between 5'9" and 6'. Armed with a large knife, he was dressed in dark clothing with his face and hands covered, and wearing one dark and one light shoe. Thornton's is offering a reward for up to $5,000 for information leading to the suspect's arrest.
Authorities called to the scene around 4:30 a.m. Saturday said the victim was bleeding from his chest. He was transferred to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead an hour later.
Jaiswal worked the overnight shift.
"We told him so many times this is a night shift job, probably you should change your job. We told him you work there alone. There's no security around. You should do something about it," Chetan Jaiswal, cousin, said.
"How [come] there's no security for him? You know what I mean? This is not right. We lost everything now," Kokiln Jaiswal, aunt, said.
Jaiswal's family said he moved to America from India a couple of years ago and was working the job to save money for school. He wanted to study computers.
Forensics teams with canines spent Saturday analyzing the crime scene. Members of the Major Case Assistance Team are assisting the Streamwood Police Department with this investigation.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Streamwood Police Department Investigations Division at 630-736-3700. Confidential/anonymous information can be left on our crime tip line at 630-736-3719.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary 39 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- 7 in :77