Surveillance photos released in Streamwood murder
March 16, 2013 (STREAMWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of a suspect in the stabbing death of Streamwood gas station clerk.
Anandkumar Jaiswal, 24, of Streamwood, was attacked at Thornton's Gas Station, located at 2 N. Barrington Road. He was stabbed multiple times.
Police say robbery appears to be the motive; the offender was observed on video removing currency from the cash register.
"Please help us out and... try to find out who was the criminal," Ashwin Jaiswal, victim's uncle, said.
Police have released surveillance photos of the suspect, who is believed to be a white male between 5'9" and 6'. Armed with a large knife, he was dressed in dark clothing with his face and hands covered, and wearing one dark and one light shoe. Thornton's is offering a reward for up to $5,000 for information leading to the suspect's arrest.
Authorities called to the scene around 4:30 a.m. Saturday said the victim was bleeding from his chest. He was transferred to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead an hour later.
Jaiswal worked the overnight shift.
"We told him so many times this is a night shift job, probably you should change your job. We told him you work there alone. There's no security around. You should do something about it," Chetan Jaiswal, cousin, said.
"How [come] there's no security for him? You know what I mean? This is not right. We lost everything now," Kokiln Jaiswal, aunt, said.
Jaiswal's family said he moved to America from India a couple of years ago and was working the job to save money for school. He wanted to study computers.
Forensics teams with canines spent Saturday analyzing the crime scene. Members of the Major Case Assistance Team are assisting the Streamwood Police Department with this investigation.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Streamwood Police Department Investigations Division at 630-736-3700. Confidential/anonymous information can be left on our crime tip line at 630-736-3719.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos