BNSF Metra trains moving again - but delayed
March 18, 2013 (WLS) -- Metra trains are moving once again after an incident on the BNSF line in Hinsdale led to major delays and cancellations.
Trains in both directions were stopped for more than an hour after the incident, which occurred around 3 p.m. Monday, in Hinsdale. Around 5 p.m., outbound trains started moving, slowly. Two of the three tracks reopened.
Inbound trains are still delayed.
Police say Train No. 1268 struck and killed a pedestrian.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines 14 min ago
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS 37 min ago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids 8 min ago
- Employees, customers prepare for Dominick's final days 47 min ago
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 58 min ago
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos