BNSF Metra trains moving again - but delayed
March 18, 2013 (WLS) -- Metra trains are moving once again after an incident on the BNSF line in Hinsdale led to major delays and cancellations.
Trains in both directions were stopped for more than an hour after the incident, which occurred around 3 p.m. Monday, in Hinsdale. Around 5 p.m., outbound trains started moving, slowly. Two of the three tracks reopened.
Inbound trains are still delayed.
Police say Train No. 1268 struck and killed a pedestrian.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos