CPD seizes 1,400 guns in 2013
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police seized more than 1,400 firearms since the new year began as part of their anti-violence efforts.
Earlier Monday, Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy showed some of the guns that his officers seized. He said the Chicago Lawn District saw the greatest drop in murders city-wide, and also recovered the most firearms in area central.
McCarthy says he and his officers are doing everything possible to keep illegal guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 42 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up 29 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation 24 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
42 min ago
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago...
30 min ago