CPD seizes 1,400 guns in 2013
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police seized more than 1,400 firearms since the new year began as part of their anti-violence efforts.
Earlier Monday, Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy showed some of the guns that his officers seized. He said the Chicago Lawn District saw the greatest drop in murders city-wide, and also recovered the most firearms in area central.
McCarthy says he and his officers are doing everything possible to keep illegal guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 23 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges 30 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake 18 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to student sex assault 21 min ago
- Brutal cold continues; more snow coming 18 min ago
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees 56 min ago
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77
26 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
23 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance,...
30 min ago