CPD seizes 1,400 guns in 2013
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police seized more than 1,400 firearms since the new year began as part of their anti-violence efforts.
Earlier Monday, Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy showed some of the guns that his officers seized. He said the Chicago Lawn District saw the greatest drop in murders city-wide, and also recovered the most firearms in area central.
McCarthy says he and his officers are doing everything possible to keep illegal guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 37 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Newsviews: I-DOT Road Construction
49 min ago