Prosecutors: Beavers lost $500K in slot machines
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors are focusing on tax returns at the trial of Cook County Commissioner William Beavers.
He's accused of using campaign cash over a several year period, but only reporting it as income during one of those years.
Prosecutors say Beavers lost $500,000 at slot machines between 2006 and 2008. Five witnesses took the stand Monday as the prosecution tried to prove he concealed income from campaign funds and county expense reimbursements.
Beavers has entered not guilty pleas to four charges of tax evasion.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 56 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 36 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77