Prosecutors: Beavers lost $500K in slot machines
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors are focusing on tax returns at the trial of Cook County Commissioner William Beavers.
He's accused of using campaign cash over a several year period, but only reporting it as income during one of those years.
Prosecutors say Beavers lost $500,000 at slot machines between 2006 and 2008. Five witnesses took the stand Monday as the prosecution tried to prove he concealed income from campaign funds and county expense reimbursements.
Beavers has entered not guilty pleas to four charges of tax evasion.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 57 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 41 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 56 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77