Prosecutors: Beavers lost $500K in slot machines
March 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors are focusing on tax returns at the trial of Cook County Commissioner William Beavers.
He's accused of using campaign cash over a several year period, but only reporting it as income during one of those years.
Prosecutors say Beavers lost $500,000 at slot machines between 2006 and 2008. Five witnesses took the stand Monday as the prosecution tried to prove he concealed income from campaign funds and county expense reimbursements.
Beavers has entered not guilty pleas to four charges of tax evasion.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 10 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player 53 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions 43 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children 25 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks 50 min ago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy 53 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
40 min ago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
10 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without...
50 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from...
53 min ago