Police-involved shooting at South Side park
March 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two armed men shot at Chicago police officers, who fired back at the suspects near 58th and Shields on Tuesday.
Pat Camden, a spokesman for the police union, said the officers were responding to a call of shots fired at a South Side park.
Upon arrival, police found two armed men. An 18-year-old male victim was on the ground.
Police pursued the suspects, who exchanged gunfire with the officers, Camden said.
No one was hit, and officers took the two suspects into custody.
The victim was transported to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
Several people are being questioned as a part of the investigation.
Camden said the incident, which happened at about 4:30 p.m., is gang-related.
local, michelle gallardo
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home