Police-involved shooting at South Side park
March 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two armed men shot at Chicago police officers, who fired back at the suspects near 58th and Shields on Tuesday.
Pat Camden, a spokesman for the police union, said the officers were responding to a call of shots fired at a South Side park.
Upon arrival, police found two armed men. An 18-year-old male victim was on the ground.
Police pursued the suspects, who exchanged gunfire with the officers, Camden said.
No one was hit, and officers took the two suspects into custody.
The victim was transported to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
Several people are being questioned as a part of the investigation.
Camden said the incident, which happened at about 4:30 p.m., is gang-related.
local, michelle gallardo
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos