'Biggest Loser' Danni Allen gets praise from employer
March 20, 2013 (LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Wheeling's Danni Allen won Season 14 of ''The Biggest Loser'' by losing 121 pounds. And her bosses are proud of her.
It came down to Allen, 26, and Jeff Nichols. But Danni won the competition and the grand prize of $250,000.
Our news partner The Daily Herald reports Allen, a Wheeling native, began the show three months ago at 258 pounds and weighed in at 137 pounds Monday night. That means she lost 46.9 percent of her starting body weight."From Day 1, no, I did not know this was in me. I was a scared, self-conscious person. I did not know I could be here. I did not know I could get past the first workout. I didn't know that my dreams were possible and I finally feel like my dreams come true," Allen said prior to weighing in. "I feel amazing. I know that no one can take this away from me, and that's how I feel. I feel great, and that's a tall order, but I worked so hard. And at the end of the day, look at me."
Allen works as an advertising coordinator for Camping World and Good Sam, which sell RVs and camping gear. The company issued a congratulatory statement Tuesday.
"As a company we are pleased to share in Danni's achievements in reaching her health and fitness goals," said Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam. "She is a shining example of corporate wellness and the entire company and the RV industry was rooting for her from the beginning."
As host Alison Sweeney pronounced her the winner, Allen embraced her trainer, Jillian Michaels, who had returned for the show's 14th season after two seasons off -- as confetti rained on the set.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 25 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached 25 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Carla Hall from 'The Chew'
22 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos